So, you’ve moved into halls or your uni house and you’ve made new friends but you’re new to the area so you don’t know what to do. There are lots of things you can do in Worcester with your new uni friends! Here are a few things you can do whilst you’re here.
- Cinema: There are two cinemas in Worcester with all the newest releases; ODEON and VUE. They are in the centre of town so easily accessible and remember with your NUS Extra card you can get a cheaper student ticket!
- Bowling: The bowling rink in St. Johns is called 1st bowl, with 16 lanes, a pool table, bar and cafe is a great place to spend time with your friends. Once again there are discounted prices for students with an NUS Extra card (only £2 a game!!)
- Restaurants: There are tonnes of places to eat in Worcester for students that are 100% affordable. There are everyday favourites like Nandos, Pizza Express etc. But my three favourite places to eat are Chesters; a Mexican restaurant on the outskirts of town, Mode; a local nightclub which serves food in the daytime and its 50% off selected food Monday-Saturday and Slug and Lettuce; a large restaurant serving a range of affordable food with 2-4-1 desserts every day!!
- Shopping: You may not think of Worcester as your first place to go shopping but it has all the main high street shops from Primark to Jack Wills and everything else in between. Whatever you need to buy, you can probably find the shop in the centre of town! As well as the major stores there are lots of smaller independent shops that you may not have seen back home, my favourites is Nostalgic Sweets – the only place I can get the old fashioned sweets I love!
- Go Karting: For those who like a bit more adrenaline and speed one place I have gone with my friends is AKS Karting. It’s Worcester’s only indoor Karting and Laser Combat centre open 7 days a week including bank holidays! It’s something a bit different to do with your friends and is affordable starting at £15 for 25 laps.
- Nightclubs: As well as all the things you can do in the daytime Worcester has a busy nightlife with lots of clubs in the centre of town. There is always something going on!
This is only a few suggestions as there are lots of other things to do around Worcester including walks down the River, Clubs and Societies at the uni, the SU based on campus etc. No matter what you’re into, Worcester’s social life will have something for you!
If you want another perspective on student life, check out Aija’s post – Having fun in Worcester .