Now that my first year at university is over, I can finally relax, enjoy the sun (not as frequent as I hoped in Worcester) and the summer. As I’ll spend most of my holiday in England, I thought I could do something more interesting than work, work and work some more. Here’s what I came up with:
- Read top 100 books you should read in your life. I love reading and even though I won’t be on an island, at the beach while doing it, I still want to lose myself in different stories and forget about the world for a while. The list can be easily found on the internet and has a wide range of genres, from romance to science fiction.
- Visit friends. In my home country, I used to volunteer for an English camp and teach small children English. This is how I met other volunteers, from all parts of England (Liverpool, Manchester etc.) and became very good friends. Since I moved here, I haven’t had the chance to go visit, which is why I plan to do that during the holiday. What better time to visit your friends and explore new places than summer?
- Go home. I haven’t been home since Christmas and I really miss it (it’s been 6 months!), which is why I’m going to go home for a whole month. I can’t wait to see my family and friends again, spend some quality time with them and maybe visit some beautiful places.
- Get tanned. It’s very hard for me to accept that summer in Worcester means just a little bit more than 20°, while in my country the temperature hits 40° all the time. While at home, I used to go to the pool and stay in the sun for ages. Now, I get excited when the sun is up for more than an hour. However, I am determined to get a tan, even if that means eating loads of carrots, haha!
- Get fit. It’s summer and everyone wants to look good, either because they just bought a new dress or they want to fit in their swimsuit. With that in mind, this holiday I plan to hit the gym more often and take up jogging. There’s a very nice park near where I live, with a great view and it’s the perfect place to go running (wish me luck!).
So these are my plans for the summer. What are you going to do?