It’s come to that time of year again where all the flat mates get together to make pancakes. But what if you’re one of those strange anomalies who doesn’t like pancakes? I have a solution for you! Quick and simple cinnamon swirls recipe!
Even if you like pancakes this recipe is ideal for a quick breakfast to pick up on the way to lectures.
Ingredients (for 8 cinnamon swirls)
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
55g Brown Sugar
2tbsp Caster Sugar
Ready roll puff pastry (Only £1 at ASDA!)
50g Icing sugar
- Grease a tin or baking tray or line with baking parchment paper in preparation for the swirls
- Unroll the ready-made puff pastry into a large rectangle shape
- In a bowl mix together the ground cinnamon, brown sugar, caster sugar and butter until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Spread the smooth mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough into a ‘Swiss roll’ style log.
- Cut the log into 8 equal pieces and place onto the baking tray
- Bake the swirls at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-35 minutes (they should look golden brown when they are done)
- Whilst they are cooking combine the icing sugar with 1-2 teaspoons of water until it is runny.
- When the cinnamon swirls are cooled add the icing sugar on top.