Today marks Random Acts of Kindness Day which has got me thinking about ways we can all help spread positivity and complete kind acts around campus. Whether it be handing in some lost property or smiling at a stranger, we all have the capacity to be the reason someone smiles. With this in mind, I thought I would a few ways you could be kind today and make someone smile!
- Smile and say good morning to someone just because you can
- Buy the person in the queue behind you a coffee – when offered people typically refuse to let someone buy them something. If you buy it and turn around and give it to them you have a better chance of your gift being accepted.
- Pick up any litter you see – being kind to the environment is important too
- Help someone before they ask – whether this be holding the door open or fetching them a basket when their arms are full in the campus shop!
- Pay someone a compliment – sometimes even an ‘I like your top’ is enough to make someone feel good about themselves.
- Put some change in the vending machine – give the next person a treat
- Tell a friend something you love about them – it can be very easy to take our friends for granted so use today as an excuse to tell them they’re wonderful!
- Let someone pull out at a junction when driving to campus
- Donate some pennies to one of the donation buckets
- Leave a used book that you’re done with in the canteen/on the bus with a note
- Say thank you to someone who has helped you recently – whether it be your tutor, partner, lecturer or friend. If they’ve helped you, let them know
- Write down something you like about yourself – being kind to yourself and practicing self love is so important
I hope this blog post has given you some inspiration to do something different today. I don’t know about you, but a kind campus is definitely my kinda campus.